Or should we say “potriotism”?
- Middle class people receive benefits – working class people claim benefits – immigrants demand benefits
- The unemployed are fired – employers lay off – economies destroy creatively (huh?)
- The population of a dictatorship is brainwashed – our fine patriotic citizens engage in self-criticism - deviants are reeducated (or: are cognitively accommodated)
- Islamists oppress their women – our Muslim brothers protect their wives – other cultures live according to their own values
- Hobos are living on the streets – tramps are traveling – the homeless are residentially flexible
- The poor fail – the needy are discouraged - the marginalized are motivationally dispossessed.
- I have a social philosophy, you have political opinions, he has an ideology. (Clifford Geertz, 1964)
More political jokes here.
Ok, Massachusetts does not have the death penalty, so Romney in his time as Governor never faced that ultimate decision. But he was generally not very generous with other types of pardon, and he did file a bill to reinstate the death penalty in Massachusetts (which was ultimately defeated). Hence, few doubt his resolve were he to be confronted with pleas for clemency coming from people on death row.
- Internet Privacy Rights – Six Guideposts For Employees (livecrunch.com)
- Schmidt’s Solution to Street View Privacy Concerns? ‘Just Move’ (searchenginewatch.com)
- White House Enters Online Privacy Fray with Privacy Subcommittee (socialtimes.com)
- Google ‘Mortified’ Over WiFi Data Gathering (informationweek.com)
- Statistical Jokes (17): The Illusion of Precision (filipspagnoli.wordpress.com)
And in case you think this is just the occasional slip of the mind:
Update: yet another statistics sin by Fox:
In case you don’t immediately notice what’s wrong here (and of course Fox News did everything to make it difficult for you to notice), here’s an annotated version:
An honest version of the graph would look like this:
I think it’s impossible that this is simply a mistake. I mean, how on earth could one make a mistake like this? Do they draw their graphs by hand?
And it’s not just Fox News either:
Bar charts are too difficult, but at least here the numbers add up.
More statistical jokes.