I’m in the July-August blogging doldrums, so rather than something substantial here are a few self-centered but possibly useful announcements:
- If you want to follow this blog on Facebook rather than coming here everyday, then you can go to my Facebook page and click “like”; all new posts will then appear in your Facebook newsfeed.
- However, my experience with reading other people’s blogs is that an RSS reader such as Google Reader is best. If that is how you want to follow my blog, this is the feed url you need to paste into your reader.
- And if none of that is to your liking, maybe you prefer to follow the blog on Twitter or Pinterest.
- Whatever means you use to read what I write: if you read it you must like it, and if you like it you may want to consider making a small donation. Donations are used solely to cover the costs of blogging. Thanks in advance.
- Rather than simply donating money, you can also buy a copy of one of my books. Either way, you’ll support the blog. It should be the case that you’ll like the books if you like the blog.
- And after you finish the books, you can read my papers.
If all that was too boring, here’s a fabulous 1920s mugshot of an Australian guy accused of being an “illicit drug trader” who “drives his own motor car, and dresses well”:
I guess “well-dressed” is an elastic notion. More mugshots here.